Sunday, January 29, 2012

Valentine Blog Hop

So hopping around myself today, and found a great group of cards by some talented gals...and an invitation to add my own creation to their group. Another first for me! Throw into the mix that I didn't have a card made...and we were having dear guests for supper. So with a limited time challenge and rubber still to be mounted..but excited by the challenge,  here is my addition.
The serendipity of it is certainly getting to play with some new things I have, purposeful reason to complete mounting a couple sets I hadn't yet and ultimately, the joy in the actual act of stamping.


I used the new Take It to Heart set, embossed on white paper with Melon Mambo powder. The little 'love you' from P.S. I Love You, embossed in Cherry Cobbler powder. The Hearts Collection Framelits (I am sooo excited and happy with these new framelits that Sizzix and Stampin'Up! have worked together on!). The Pennants punch, embosslit hearts and also the heart embossing folder from Adorning Accents, tied up with a bit of Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine. Yay! that is a lot of playing for such a simple card! Thank goodness for an excellent sketch from a la card Monkey . (oh, I'm bummed I just went to catch that link and one of the cards that isn't part of the blog hop is so similar to mine...and I hadn't seen it before...it's certainly different enough, but same elements and sets...can I say, I guess great minds think alike when they see this sketch...I love her little flowers between the pennants!)
Now lets see if I can figure out how to get you to the next site on the blog hop... and if I am part of it...
a quote comes to mind about technology and me just now, I wonder if I can find it...

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. ~Arthur C Clarke


Abracadbra!

Come on and join the blog hop, it's easy:



Rules are simple:

1. Anything goes, card, 3D project - just has to be Valentines.
2. Add the hop to your post, by using the code from Linky tools.
3. Add the above badge to your post with a link back to Shirley's blog.
4. Has to be a new post.
This is a Blog Hop!


1. Youre a Gem Valentine!

2. Marie

3. Box of Valentines

4. Margaret Raburn

5. Envelope of Love

6. Patti Corriere

7. You Rock My World!!!

8. Terry

9. Heidi @ Stuck on Stampin

10. love

11. First Hop


You are next... Click here to enter

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work Laurie, I can't believe how quickly you can come up with a card! Wish I could do the Abracadabra, Alacazam and put together a card that quick! Love how you have joined a blog hop. I will follow along for some inspiration. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you found us!! Your card is really cute and I did just look at the one you were talking about, it looks the same but... I think this card is all yours. Terry and I have made almost the same card a few times, same paper same stamp and the same sketch. Great Minds do think a like.!! Don't kill me But I added your card the A La Card Monkey Challenge too!! www.alacardmonkey.blogspot.com It is just too cute not to be on there! Thanks so Much for joining the Valentine blog Hop. A new Valentine Hop starts Wednesday, come back with another card!!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card!!! Great use of new products!!! Love the embossed hearts!!! Great color combo!!! Thanks for playing along at A La Card Monkey, GD Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Valentine card is SO pretty!! Great choices of stamps, colors and embellishments! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little embossed hearts on the pennants, along with the Adorning embossing folder. So cute! Thanks for playing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! The pennants sketch inspiration was such a fun one, wasn't it? I love that stamp. I have yet to completely mount that set...just the one stamp you show here on your card. ;) Glad you found A La Card Monkey and played along this week!

    ~Heidi at stuckonstampin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete