Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Challenge card

...and it really was...the small image and simplicity of it, had me thinking to do something very simple (and hope for fabulous in it's simplicity LOL) but the rest of the challenge was to use bright green and my favourite colours of tulips...the challenge also had these fabulous photos of aerial shots of tulip fields, stripes of wonderful colours...so I was sure I'd use the striped paper from that same Hostess pack, Cheerful Treat...but as it all mulled around the polka dots came out...and as strong as they are for the image, it seemed to play up the dots on the egg...
One big plus as I coloured was I realized my blender pen yesterday was dry so that's why Karen Barber's technique was not working for me at all, and today I had better results with a new Blender pen. In fact, I was pretty excited at the pot...using Concord Crush, should have been very scary and dark and I am so pleased with the way it kept the detailing of the stamp...I'll certainly be using this for colouring images! Great tutorial on Splitcoaststampers!

Found a couple really neat things I want to do this week from a few wonderful blogs I'm following...I'll be sharing them. And working on some stuff and pages for my Big Picture Classes. Hopefully, get a little messy with May's fun class and pull some things out of my scrapbooking drawers to play with. As well as pack up some things for a weekend away in Red Deer at Crop-a-ganza. I'm looking forward to spending a wonderful weekend with my dear friend, Jennifer.

smiles,
Laurie

1 comment:

  1. Great card! Think you hit the nail on the head with this one! Can't wait to see it in real life!

    ReplyDelete