Thursday, February 2, 2012

I'm Guessing the Groundhog saw his Shadow

It will be awhile before we see a Mixed Bunch of flowers in our yard...but I'm sharing this card made with the stamp set Mixed Bunch, you can scroll back here as winter continues on !


This is my Simply Irresistable card that started the classes this past week. Starting with a piece of glossy white cardstock, stamped the A to Z background in Espresso, then stamped the flower overtop with versamark ink, embossed in clear and brayered the entire piece with Razzleberry. I embellished it with a strip of white paper embossed with the Hearts and edged with our scallop punch. Tied it up with Baja Seam Binding and a Firestone Brad!
I'm off to organize my room a bit more, I am seeing some surfaces! I'm working on scrapbooking this month but have been running behind by being gone for part of the month in January.
I'm still  processing all the great information and all the fun I had while in San Antonio at Leadership. (and still hoping that this coming year, a couple of you will come along with me as part of my group...with the great pricing on getted started as a Demonstrator right now, it's a great starting place...what a deal for just $150 you can Join the Fun )
I have been talking to a few friends about the book discussion Ellen Richardson did on Change Anything. It was really wonderful and we've had some good conversations stemming from what was shared in the class. Ellen Richardson shared from her heart and then shared how to use her story and apply it to areas in our lives to Change Anything!
The other concept I keep talking about is from the class about Including a New Generation in Your Stamping Business that Amy Swartz and Paula Critchlow taught and all the buzz of the fabulous changes Stampin'Up! is planning to help us stay savvy in this modern social world. Amy Swartz is brilliant and I remember being so exited when they announced hiring her a few years ago.
alright, short and sweet was one thing that Paula Critchlow taught. I probably ad libbed the 'sweet' part, it was probably: short and succinct...and it hit home for me, as generally I am anything but...I was teasing a girlfriend yesterday that her phone machine cut me off (okay, to begin with does the New Generation even use the phone?!) So I was telling her that more and more people have the 'Laurie default' on their machines to cut me off after a couple minutes of rambling, she laughed, I sighed,...just my goodbyes are 2 minutes long!
smiles,
Laurie

1 comment:

  1. Adorable...not to mention ingenious! TFS -Micki (www.AvenueofArt.com)

    ReplyDelete