Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring Birthdays

Just popping by with another card that the girls will be working on during the various classes starting tomorrow. They'll make 8-10 cards with a half pack of the Simply Scrappin' Kit from the Occasions Mini . I saw the layout online. The paper in this pack is really wonderful and I love so many of the embelleshments! One of my favourite Scrappin' Kits! I punched out the flowers and then ran a bone folder across them till I could peel them in half, stacked them and added the pearl center. I wish I'd have added some texture to the gray pice...I"ll be suggesting that in the classes.
I have an incredible sale going on on Saturday that I'm getting ready for this week.

And I'm trying to work on a photo book of our trip to Spain, too. My Husband and I enjoyed a wonderful walking tour around the Hills of Girona in the Fall with my dear cousin, Mark and his beautiful wife, and my dear friend, Kerry. We had such a wonderful time (fortunately, they did too!! LOL) I'm having so much trouble deciding which photos to include...I like shots with people (that I know) in them, but with some new photography classes in hand, now I have some pretty nice shots of foliage and scenery. How to decide what to put in...as a memory book, mostly you don't have great memories of a plant, they just add to the setting, so are they worth a space in my book...I have so many great ones of us laughing and having a good time...and plenty of scenery in the photos I took of us walking, too. If you have some thoughtson this, they would be appreciated. Although, I think I've figured out, rambling on here a bit.. that this book is for photos of people to tell my story. Thanks.  I can make a page of some pretty nature...or goodness a whole other book of nature photos, can't I?!
I'll leave you with a couple shots (chosen only because of where I am in that folder...when I find the top couple I'll share them later!)

I'd say have a sunny day, but I am looking out to a snowflurry right now?!! I guess we'll go with the not-literal 'sunny' but the spirit of sunny,  then!

smiles,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment