Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My Tri-Fold Card

I had a wonderful day. Some Gals came over for the Sampler class I posted a bit ago. It was surprising again to see all the lovely sets that would be retiring at the end of May. The pages came together nicely and it was just a nice afternoon amongst lovely women.  : D
This evening we had a Tea Party with our Pathfinder unit. We dressed up in fancy gowns and hats and recreated a proper British Tea Party. It was really fun!  One of our Leaders even hunted down some Devonshire Double Cream!
So it seems perfect that the card I'm sharing tonight features the Tea Shoppe set!
Its called a Double Tri-fold Cascade card by Susie Prendergast. I'd seen it on Splitcoast and knew I'd have to have a play at it. The structure came together very nicely with a great diagram, the decorating, on the other hand, made me pause...but I'd chosen the Twitterpated paper and when perusing my stamp sets the Tea set seemed a good choice...putting the Doily in the backdrop since I was working with a Tea party.The pink flower on the front is from the Blossom party die, layered and shaped. The card doesn't photograph easily, but I was quite happy with how it came together...and the Gals are excited that this will be the next class for them! It didn't take my usual hours and hours either, don't you love when that happens!?

smiles,
Laurie

2 comments:

  1. Eeek, Laurie, that's a wonderful card!!! I love it ~ and I love that you had an English tea party (wish I lived close enough to have come). Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love all the many details!

    ReplyDelete