Thursday, August 9, 2012

A Bloomin' Sketch

I needed a third card for an upcoming class and when I saw this sketch, I thought it might be just perfect, with the front panel being just the right size for the Dahlia from Bloomin' with Kindness.
I paired Lucky Limeade with Razzleberry and the fun chevron from Summer Smooches. I'm not sure about the woodgrain embossed piece paired with chevron, but wanted some texture..what do you think?

I think my new favourite sentiment stamp is from Petite Pairs:

                       so many smiles...begin with you!

enjoy your day!

smiles,
Laurie

10 comments:

  1. I like the partnering of the chevron with the woodgrain and agree it does add texture. The flower is stamped beautifully and I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure glad I ordered more Lucky Limeade yesterday, Laurie! This card is gorgeous! The fabulous colors and that amazing dalhia are real eye catchers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great colours, Laurie ~ that woodgrain looks fab with the Chevron, it's not really 'obvious' it just adds that touch of extra pizzazz. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup I'm another fan of the woodgrain/chevron pairing. It somehow really works! Love this card... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you can never have enough woodgrain! I really have to force myself not to use my impression plate on everything because it makes everything better IMHO. And I love the color combo - very striking :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, I love that flower image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And three makes a consensus, I too am a fan of the woodgrain/chevron pairing! The colors you chose for this card are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors are great together and I like the wood grain to! Very pretty! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colors and image on this beautiful card! Great sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do like the chevron and wood grain. Wood grain seems to be 'in' now, my upline is using it for everything!
    ~Anne

    ReplyDelete