Friday, December 7, 2012

Purse Die Does Double Duty

After tussling with Gingerbread dough to cut out the sweetest little houses for decorating with the Girls, I thought I'd do something I'm a bit more happy with at the moment...I'll post the completed and wonderfully decorated houses when the Girls get done.

I'd seen this box idea on Michelle Hamilton's blog and knew I had to give it a try, even without directions. It's made from the Petite Purse Die and with a little snipping away of some extra pieces, it makes quite a sweet box.


It takes 4 cut outs of the purse. I ran them through the Big Shot  once more with the Delicate Designs embossing folder and added some pearls. A little double bow and brad closure for the top finished this simple project. I made it with the next season in mind to share with my Gals in an upcoming class...but it turned out so sweet, I think I'll have to make up a few more in a Christmas theme to give away with a little something inside (bath salts or chocolate, maybe!).
Off for a fun weekend in the Mountains with a group of friends...running to finish packing.
enjoy your weekend. Happy Crafting!

smiles,
Laurie

2 comments:

  1. This is just adorable! What a fantastic project! I think these would be lots of fun for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sweet little purse box. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete