Sunday, May 12, 2013

Oh, Hello and Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day to all those wonderful Mother's I know
 ~ and a reminder to you of just how Special you are!

This has been a busy weekend and we are lucky to have a visit from Cary's folks and a friend of ours from Calgary. We started our Mother's Day with a brunch at our amazing Pine Hills Golf Course Club House here in Rocky. They do chocolate dipped strawberries, delicious eggs benedict (my favourite) and read this carefully: cinnamon buns dipped to make French toast!! Yummy!

Yesterday, I made a dozen of these cards using the Oh, Hello stamp set to give for Thank You's to the women that volunteer for our Girl Guides here in Rocky.

I'd seen a card similar using the little embossing border as a trim like this. I changed out the shape and words of the sentiment. I used Regal Rose and Marina Mist ink.  I found a great quote on-line to add to the inside of the card:
In this hectic world,
it's so thoughtful
and kind of you
to give of your time...
Thank you so much
for caring!
We had our celebration for 100 years of Girl Guides in Alberta and year end awards ceremonies.

We played a bunch of goofy games, had face painting and loads of fun. Here one of our Leaders donned a showercap of shaving cream and agreed to have the Girls shower her with Cheese puffs, much to their delight!
     




  


When I came home,  I decided to change the sentiment out again and adapt it for my Mom. I added the flowers to finish it off.



 Hope your day is as wonderful as You! ...and especially to My Mom!

smiles,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment