Saturday, May 25, 2013

Showcasing Retiring Sets

For me, many of the sets that hit the Retiring List this year make me sad. I was busy working with several of them during this past week to get ready for the classes to showcase them and I will miss some of them and be wishful that I'd have worked with a couple of them more during the past year. Forever Young has fabulous images with the tree and swing and that great cuckoo clock. Patterned Party, I just starting playing with and will miss the cheery banner especially. Greeting Card Kids and Lean on Me, are both fabulous sets to colour and have multiple ways to be able to use them.
I saw this little card in my perusing online and was drawn to the simplicity of it. I changed it from green to yellow.
 
Circle Circus was my go-to set for a masculine card in a hurry, Bordering on Romance was all things feminine and pretty!


And I love the word sets, so it's a fond farewell to many of them, including Word Play.
Out of the corner of my eye as I was flipping through pages I saw the pinwheel as a spinner and loved the idea, didn't see how she had finished off the card because I'd clicked and it was gone, but thought of the idea of the cloud embossing folder and some neat words from Word Play.
I will be especially sad to see Pursuit of Happiness retire, one set I won't ever rid of, the expressions are all wonderful!
 
My own design, using Lean on Me and Pursuit of Happiness.
 
Everyone should look at that one more time and be sure to get it before the end of May. Just saying!

Let me know which set you'll miss the most.

smiles,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment