Monday, June 24, 2013

Shabby Chic 3 x 3

It has been a busy week! I had the pleasure of having 2 friends come visit for a few days. I've been asking them out from Calgary for months, so it was with happiness that I finally welcomed them to my place. We celebrated Brenda's birthday with a cake and meal she'd made herself!?!
 It seemed like things I had to do kept mounting as the week went on. I left them with the cards I had been working on for my swaps and while I was gone they set to work cutting out the layers and gluing things down!

One of my favourite swaps is a 3 x 3 swap which always seems to have the most wonderful little pieces of art submitted. I was very pleased with my own last year and pleased enough with how this one came together.


I started with the little piece of paper from This and That paper kit and layered the scallop circle on along with the heart. Then I had to do something for the background and when I decided on the Postage Due collage image, the stamp came from seeing it in the same set. A little butterfly, a pearl, a word and the little bow tied it all up.







On Saturday, my Oldest was up before 5:30am to head to a Triathalon in Red Deer put on by Woody's RV and a huge group of wonderful volunteers. She had a great race and felt great going across the finish line with 392 other young athletes. Her age bracket swam 500m, biked 10 km, and then ran 4 km. It's great event. There were 11 kids that went in from Rocky.

We finished off the weekend last night by going to see the new Monster's University movie. It had me laughing out loud in several spots. I love how they animated the campus and chose to use such beautifully colourful monsters as the students! It's great fun.
 
smiles,
Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment