Friday, August 8, 2014

Inspired and Excited

I've been enjoying a class I'm taking this summer with Big Picture Classes called Super Stash*Busters.
As the title would suggest, it's encouraging us to pull out and use up old stash.
I have found Aly Dosdall quite inspiring and have sat down and created a few pages.



Pretty delighted to have pulled out embellishments from 10 - 12 years ago! And scrapping some Grad Reunion photos I had printed about 5 years ago. Aly gave us the layout sketch...I like the way we worked from the edges in.
 I used up quotes from those old Vellum Quote Stack books, does anyone remember those? (and still have them?)  I "had" to have them all, but this is the first I've ever used them I think. Coloured staples to attach them also came from-back-when, although those might be coming back! Fussy cut some flowers from the Sale-a-Bration paper pack from Stampin'Up! to create a couple more embellishments. The chipboard with  printed words is old stash. I anchored it all with die cuts using the brand new Party Pennant Bigz L die.

I created this card when she issued a challenge to make a card from what was lying about on our table from creating the latest page! I'm kind of pleased with how it turned out ~ mixing new with old. I pulled the Bravo stamp set off the shelf to make the panel and then using the SAB paper I'd pulled from my stash to work with for the page, fussy cutting some flowers to pop out in the lower right corner (sort of hard to see from the photo).


More old photos I'd printed, went into this layout. Took me awhile to come up with the layout style and embellishments. I do have a couple Harry Potter sticker sheets, so used a few on the page, made a couple new embellishments from the Glimmer paper and some dies. Used some velvet letter stickers from the stash I've been hoarding. I stamped images from Clockworks and Gorgeous Grunge in the background to smudge things a bit. The stars are actually inked through the new Decorative Masks SU has in their catalogue this year. I love the Hearts & Stars set!

 I haven't scrapped this much for many months...and I'm loving it.


smiles,
Laurie

Want to order anything you've seen me use? I have an online store for Canadians:
www.lauriel.stampinup.net
contact me if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment