Friday, March 4, 2016

Designed by Me

Well, I've been busy this week creating a few different things to submit to Stampin'Up! for consideration to be chosen as a Display Board Stamper for an upcoming event OnStage Live in Salt Lake City in April. I'm a great CASE'r, tweaking cards as I put them together to add my own touch, but had to steer clear of the Boards this week and play. It was fun thinking about it through the week and coming up with things that were my own.



We were to submit 3 cards. I love fancy fold cards, so I included this 4-step card. It looks great coming out of the envelope, all those flowers in layers ~ and then opens into  a neat card to display.

We were to do two 3D items...Hard to decide what to do...I love making banners and garland, samplers for each season or any reason. Wreaths, wall hangings with flowers. The Mini Treat bag and new Baker box have been fun classes. After looking for a photo to do the scrapbook page, I saw a bunch of photos from a trip last year...and decided to make this little accordian book. (a bit difficult to photograph). I worked with  the Happiness Is Project Life Accessory kit, available on the Clearance rack. I loved the little pockets for this album. I made a fun memory snippet of our summer.




The other 3D item(s) are the Curvy boxes. I've made a menagerie of animals.







And the final entry is a scrapbook page. I fussy cut flowers from the fabulous Birthday Bouquet Designer Paper pack. Stamped a bit with Timeless Textures stamps on the background paper from a SAB paper pack to add a bit more layer to the already swirly paper.


Thank you for taking time to look through these samples.
I'm pretty excited about heading down to SLC in about a month! It's going to be a fabulous event!









smiles,
Laurie

2 comments:

  1. Awesome projects Laurie. Love the cards, the booklet, the ever-so-cute curvey keepsake box animals, and the layout using the new Designer series paper and thinlit is so fresh and happy looking! Now I might have to order that thinlit! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jennifer. It's a great thinlit to have!

    ReplyDelete