Monday, July 18, 2016

Fresh Fruit Trio

Yesterday, while playing with some samples for the class tomorrow, I had one of those "hmmm..." moments. I don't think I'd be the first to look at the flower in the Fresh Fruit by Stampin'Up! stamp set and not sort of see citrus segments...in fact the Designer Series paper of the same Suite has one side of lemon slices...Adding the peach outline stamped and rotated 3 times adds a nice 'rind' ~ and with a little imagination and the right colours...I think we can create a passable citrus slice from the set!
It was late by the time I'd stamped and punched, so I turned to pinterest for a layout I liked and found a perfect idea from Linda Callahan, using the Apple of My Eye set from last year. I especially loved that she used the blue card base...really gives a pop to the citrus, I think.

 I saw a great take on a layout challenge from Mojo Monday. I had fun adapting the layout with the new things!


And another card I put together, last night came from wanting to use the scribble background from You've Got This Stamp set,  I thought I'd like to try a card with a cutout of a pear...and thought it would look nice layered onto that great scribble background. I made a couple attempts at adding the accent of pink onto the pear, but happy with the way it looks...and I was pretty happy with the size and font of the word Amazing from the new Marquee Messages.


I think we are going to have fun at this class. One of my gals made fresh jam last week and offered to bring along a jar with some cream if I made the scones...so I'll be baking tomorrow for the class!

smiles,
Laurie





No comments:

Post a Comment